About the Role
The Capital Insurance Limited (CIL) Board is seeking interested applicants wishing to serve and become an independent member of the CIL Board and its subsidiary. The ideal applicant must have insurance and Accounting industry insight, expertise and experience in the industry. The insurance sector, within which CIL operates as an underwriter is a relatively complex, dynamic ‘’risk’’ business, with varied financial reporting requirements specific to the jurisdictions within which CIL operates. We operate in Fiji, Tonga, and Vanuatu. Good governance is therefore critical to execute company strategy while successfully navigating the risks and regulatory demands of the environments in which we operate.
The kind of individual the CIL Board should be looking for would possess some or all the following attributes:
- Extensive Insurance and Finance experience at an Executive level.
- Demonstrable Industry experience in Fiji and the Pacific and/or a sound understanding of our region.
- A demonstrated history of success in leading insurance companies across a range of metrics including bottom line financial results; transformative change; technology implementations and corporate governance.
- A deep understanding in the Finance/Accounting context of strategy and risk management.
- A demonstrated history of success at a Board/Governance level in similar organisations – i.e. able to demonstrate tangible impact on corporate governance culture in previous tenures.
- A passion and commitment to our industry.
- Highly regarded by industry peers.
- A willingness to fully commit to attendance and participation at all Board meetings as required.
- A desire to support and encourage capability development within the organisation.
- Supportive of and responsive to management but able to provide own insight and opinion from a position of knowledge and understanding.
***This is Applicable to Fiji-based residents only.***
In summary, the Board aims to attract a high quality, experienced insurance and Accounting professional with a demonstrated history of success across a broad range of measures. Prior Board experience would be an advantage and a commitment to good corporate governance a must. This person must add to our existing ‘’bench strength’’ and be committed to serving on subsidiary Boards and committees as well.
How to Apply:
All Expressions of Interest are to be submitted to email@example.com by the 08 June 2022 and addressed to:
Head of People and Culture
Capital Insurance Group Limited
PO Box 254, Waigani
National Capital District