At Capital Insurance Group, we are constantly looking for ways to make our team stronger because we are passionate about what we do!
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Underwriter to join our General Insurance team in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The person we are seeking should have prior work experience in the insurance industry and may be asked to commence immediately. The candidate will be required to complete pre-employment medical tests before commencing in the new role.
Position Vacant: Assistant Underwriter – General Insurance
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for day-to-day execution of underwriting services to deliver organizational objectives and to maintain optimal team efficiency as follows;
- Effective delivery of end-to-end underwriting service within agreed acceptance criteria, delegated authority limits and service standards
- Ensure external stakeholder relationships are established and well maintained
- Support and implementation of portfolio management and contribute ideas for the continuous improvements in CGIC underwriting processes or propositions
- Support the delivery of CGIC’s underwriting risk appetite in line with rating, underwriting criteria and delegated authorities.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, and requirements:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Completed Tertiary education in either business studies or management.
- Completed ANZIIF qualification (preferred but not essential)
- Held a similar role with a minimum of two years’ work experience,
- Have a sound understanding of procedures and processes and/or best practices in Underwriting
- Be customer oriented and high level of interpersonal and analytical skills
- Be focus-driven with ability to deliver accurate results and meet deadlines
- Excellent communicational skills and be a team player
- High level of interpersonal and analytical skills
- Knowledge in usage of JAVLN software or similar.
Join our team by forwarding your CV and relevant certificates including contact details of three reliable referees by email to email@example.com or hand-deliver your application to our office on Level 2, Tisa Haus, along Sir John Guise Drive, Port Moresby.
Attention your application to Head of People & Culture, your CV must contain in detail, your current job scope and/or work experience.
Applications close Monday 26 July 2021.