About the Role
Capital Insurance Limited (CIL) is a PNG wholly owned company providing life and general insurance products to individuals and the corporate market. We are trusted by over 100,000 Pacific Businesses and Individuals to provide them with protection against the unexpected – a trust that we always respect, and reward.
CIL continues to expand hence we are looking for suitable candidates to join our team in the Suva office. This potential candidate will be reporting operationally to the General Manager – CIL and administratively to the Head of People & Culture in the Head Office, Papua New Guinea. This role will be an integral member of the People & Culture team and will be responsible for overseeing the People aspects for the CIL businesses in Fiji, Tonga and Vanuatu.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Develop and implement P&C strategies and initiatives
- Manage the recruitment, selection, and on-boarding processes
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide advice and coaching on P&C matters
- Manage the performance management system
- Manage the time and attendance management system
- Administration of staff insurance policy and plans
- Coordinate the performance review and appraisal process
- Coordinate the exit and termination processes
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Monthly reporting to Head of People & Culture
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education in HR or related field
- At least 5 years of work experience in HR roles
- Knowledgeable in the various Employment Relations Acts
- A member of Fiji Human Resource Institute is an advantage but not necessary
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion
The successful individual will be working with the CIL Teams in Fiji, Tonga, Vanuatu. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
How to Apply
Interested Parties are asked to submit their applications together with a copy of their CV, details of previous work experience and contactable references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date of Application is Wednesday 15th March 2023, 5.00pm.
Head of People and Culture
Capital Insurance Group Limited
PO Box 254, Waigani
National Capital District