About the Role
The Capital Insurance Group (CIG) Limited Board is seeking interested applicants wishing to serve and become an independent member of the CIG Board and its subsidiaries. The ideal applicant must have Law and insurance insight, expertise and experience in the industry.
The insurance sector, within which CIG operates as an underwriter is a relatively complex, dynamic ‘’risk’’ business, with varied financial reporting requirements specific to the jurisdictions within which CIG operates. We operate in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific – an inherently high-risk region. Good governance is therefore critical in order to execute company strategy while successfully navigating the risks and regulatory demands of the environments in which we operate.
The kind of individual the CIG Board is looking for would possess some or all the following attributes:
- Extensive Law experience on a high level.
- A demonstrated history of success in practicing law.
- A deep understanding of insurance/reinsurance in the context of strategy and risk management.
- A demonstrated history of success at a Board/Governance level in similar organisations – i.e. able to demonstrate tangible impact on corporate governance culture in previous tenures.
- A passion and commitment to our industry
- Highly regarded by industry peers
- A willingness to fully commit to attendance and participation at all Board meetings and to travel to Port Moresby as required.
- A desire to support and encourage capability development within the organisation.
- Supportive of and responsive to management but able to provide own insight and opinion from a position of knowledge and understanding.
***This is applicable to Papua New Guinea based residents only.***
In summary, the Board aims to attract a high quality, experienced and qualified Law professional with a demonstrated history of success across a broad range of measures. Prior Board experience would be an advantage and a commitment to good corporate governance a must. This person must add to our existing ‘’bench strength’’ and be committed to serving on subsidiary Boards and committees as well.
How to Apply
All Expressions of Interest are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 08 June 2022 and addressed to:
Head of People and Culture
Capital Insurance Group Limited
PO Box 254, Waigani
National Capital District