About the Role
Capital Insurance Group Limited (CIG), is a wholly PNG-owned company providing life and general insurance products to individuals and the corporate market. We are trusted by over 100,000 Pacific Businesses and Individuals to provide them with protection against the unexpected – a trust that we always respect, and reward.
CIG continues to expand hence we are looking for a suitable candidate to join our team in the Port Moresby office in Papua New Guinea or Suva in Fiji. The potential candidate will be reporting to the Head of Risk and will be an integral member of the broader Risk and Governance team. This role will support the Group’s efforts to maintain a strong and effective compliance culture.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Collate and analyse management information and assist in the preparation of compliance reports to Board, Board Committees and business unit management.
- Improve and develop additional policies and procedures as the Group function continues to develop and the regulatory landscape continues to change.
- Carry out thematic reviews according to the annual Compliance Plan.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Group compliance reporting calendar, and ensure all regulatory returns are made by the required deadlines.
- Identify developments in laws and regulations applicable to the businesses of Group, assess relevance and ensure appropriate internal communication of requirements.
- Carry out routine and on-going compliance monitoring of the business, including licensing, financial sanctions, anti-money laundering and financial crime, fraud and complaints.
- Assist in the preparation for audits and reviews by external regulators.
- Responsible for managing any regulator’s requests for information.
- Develop appropriate compliance training materials and deliver training, particularly to support internal control policies.
The ideal candidate must:
- At least 5 years of working experience gained from financial institutions in compliance/risk/audit.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing and monitoring regulatory compliance controls in a complex environment.
- Good understanding of risk management principles and practice would be beneficial.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, combined with a curious and creative mind-set.
- Strong analytical skills, organisational skills and a high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to confidently build working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Relevant Bachelor and/or Tertiary qualifications in compliance and/or risk management, commerce, business management or law
Ability to work autonomously and under broad direction. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
How to Apply
Interested Parties are asked to submit their applications together with a copy of their CV, details of previous work experience and contactable references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date of Application is Wednesday 15th March 2023, 5.00pm.
Head of People and Culture
Capital Insurance Group Limited
PO Box 254, Waigani
National Capital District