Capital Insurance Group (CIG) is a PNG wholly owned company providing life and general insurance solutions to individuals and businesses in Papua New Guinea and across the Pacific. We are a trusted and respected partner, providing protection against the unexpected – a trust that we always respect.
CIG has a vacancy in the Finance team hence we are looking for a suitable candidate to lead our Finance Team. This role will be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
Group Chief Financial Officer
The Chief financial officer (CFO) must have advanced analytical, strategic planning and communication skills, including an ability to work well with the Group Chief Executive Officer, Board members and Executive Leadership Team within the Group.
The candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in accounting or finance, including a minimum of five years in a senior management role. Having Insurance Finance experience is an advantage. The applicant must attain a minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business or similar degree from a recognised university and must be a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA). The candidate should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
The CFO role will report directly to the Group CEO and the primary responsibility will be:
- Providing strategic management of the accounting and finance functions
- Directing accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Reviewing Group consolidation financial reports including reporting commentaries
- Recommending improvements to ensure the integrity of a company’s financial information
- Overseeing financial systems implementations and upgrades
- Managing relationships with investors and investment institutions
- Identifying and managing business risks and insurance requirements
- Training and retaining skilled accounting and finance staff
If this is you, please forward your application to include updated CV, copies of certificates and including contact details of three (3) reliable referees by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also hand-deliver your application to our office located on Level 2, Tisa Haus, along Sir John Guise Drive. Applications must be attention to Group Manager, People & Culture.
Applications close on Thursday 24 December 2020, at 4:30pm.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted