About the Role
Capital Insurance Group Limited (CIG), is a wholly PNG-owned company providing life and general insurance products to individuals and the corporate market. We are trusted by over 100,000 Pacific Businesses and Individuals to provide them with protection against the unexpected – a trust that we always respect, and reward.
CIG continues to expand hence we are looking for a suitable candidate to join our team in the Port Moresby office, Papua New Guinea. The potential candidate will be reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer (GCFO) and working closely with the Finance teams in both Fiji and PNG including Country Managers in our chosen markets. The Group Financial Controller acts as 2iC to the GCFO on all finance-related matters.
Responsibilities of this
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist the CFO in managing the overall Head office Finance Function.
- Assist in the preparation of papers and presentations for internal & board audiences.
- Prepare the Group consolidated result monthly.
- Ensure accurate preparation, completion and review of the Group’s financial reporting requirements, including managing all relevant stakeholders throughout the process.
- Leading & ensuring the timely preparation of all regulatory reporting and returns to a consistently high standard.
- Prepare accounting papers and recommend reporting treatment for complex transactions.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the external auditor to manage the auditor timetable and provide timely and sufficient audit evidence and responses to their queries.
- Manage and monitor the governance of financial reporting process.
- Preparation of financial information and analysis in response to requests from Senior Management.
- Provide oversight of work performed by more junior members in the team, provide ongoing coaching and training.
- Work closely with IT and the business to develop and implement process and financial system improvements.
- Lead the project to implement IFRS 17, providing technical expertise and perspective on key decisions, interpretations, refinements to solutions/systems and problem solving.
- Key liaison with the reinsurers, bankers, tax advisors and other consultants to ensure that the information flow between the parties is undertaken in a timely and accurate manner.
The ideal candidate must:
- CPA/CA qualified
- 8-10 years’ experience in similar roles.
- Insurance industry background required.
- Group financial reporting and IFRS 17 knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience re-designing processes and controls, process simplification and automation with ability to identify and manage risk in the reporting area.
- People manager and mentor experience
- Strong commercial negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management.
Ability to work autonomously and under broad direction. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
How to Apply
Interested Parties are asked to submit their applications together with a copy of their CV, details of previous work experience and contactable references by email to: email@example.com.
Closing Date of Application is Wednesday 15th March 2023, 5.00pm.
Head of People and Culture
Capital Insurance Group Limited
PO Box 254, Waigani
National Capital District