About the Role
Capital Insurance Group Limited (CIG), is a wholly PNG-owned company providing life and general insurance products to individuals and the corporate market. We are trusted by over 100,000 Pacific Businesses and Individuals to provide them with protection against the unexpected – a trust that we always respect, and reward.
CIG continues to expand hence we are looking for suitable candidates to join our team in the Port Moresby office. This is a Senior Leadership position; therefore, the individual is part of the CIG Senior Leadership Team and will be responsible for overseeing the Claims functions for the Life & Medical and General businesses in Papua New Guinea.
This position reports which directly to the Group Chief Operating Officer and is primarily responsible for:
- The effective management of all claims received processing and reporting for the CIG businesses
- Ensuring that the claims process is observed and always strives for best practice throughout the claim’s management lifecycle
- Ensuring good team leadership
- Managing client and stakeholder relationships
- Ensuring that there is compliance with all audit and regulatory requirements
- Supervision and management of all claims, including the processing and reporting for all CIG businesses (PNG Focus)
- Leadership responsibilities, including 5 direct reports
- Claims staff training and mentoring
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
- A clear understanding of general and medical insurance claims process knowledge.
- Having attained a business degree or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- ANZIIF qualification
- At a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role
- Good communication (oral and written), analytical ability to read numbers and trends.
- An ability to work with and lead a diverse team
- Management of re-insurance claims submissions and recoveries
- Dispute resolution and stakeholder management experience
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
How to Apply
Interested Parties are asked to submit their applications together with a copy of their CV, details of previous work experience and contactable references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date of Application is Wednesday 15th March 2023, 5.00pm.
Head of People and Culture
Capital Insurance Group Limited
PO Box 254, Waigani
National Capital District