At Capital Insurance Group, we are constantly looking for ways to make our team stronger because we are passionate about what we do!
We have an opportunity for a Legal Officer (Assistant) to join our team in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. This position reports directly to the Senior Legal Officer to deliver organizational objectives. The candidate will be required to complete pre-employment medical tests before commencing in the new role.
Position Vacant: Legal Officer (Assistant)
The position is primarily responsible for executing legal matters delegated by the Senior Legal Officer to the Legal Officer (Assistant) for execution. This includes but is not limited to:
- Drafting Service Level Agreement/ Contracts for Capital Insurance Group Ltd and its subsidiaries.
- Preparing Legal Clearances for service level agreements prior to execution.
- Project manage and track legal agreements / services agreements executed by CIG, CLIC, CGIC, CIL and CISIL.
- Liaising with the legislative counsels or appropriate regulatory bodies of PNG, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Vanuatu and Tonga concerning new developments (or otherwise) of insurance related legislations such as Insurance Acts, Companies Act, Workers Compensation Act, Wrongs (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act .
- Keeping proper records and a library of all legal related matters.
- Provide support to Senior Legal Officer upon request.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, and requirements:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor of Law Degree (Junior Lawyer) with current practicing certificate
- Litigation experience with minimum of 2 year court room exposure
- Good analytical skills, self-starter and is solution-oriented
- Excellent written and communication skills
- An understanding of the insurance industry and subrogation matters may be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Strong business acumen.
Join our team by forwarding your CV and relevant certificates including contact details of three reliable referees by email to email@example.com or hand-deliver your application to our office on Level 2, Tisa Haus, along Sir John Guise Drive, Port Moresby.
Attention your application to Head of People & Culture, your CV must contain in detail, your current job scope and/or work experience.
Applications close Wednesday 16 June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.