At Capital Insurance Group, we are constantly looking for ways to make our team stronger because we are passionate about what we do!
We are looking for an Underwriter to join our Life and Medical Insurance team in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. This is an excellent opportunity so if this is you, contact us today!
Position Vacant: Underwriter, Life and Medical Insurance
What will you be doing?
As the life and medical insurance underwriter, you will:
- Compile insurance applications and outstanding requirements including conducting research on claims history to identify trends
- Assess and process new insurance applications within our agreed timelines
- Prepare quotations/renewals and associated paperwork for our new and existing clients
- Collaborate enthusiastically with other teams and colleagues
- Attend meetings as required to provide advice on products to our clients
- Conduct outbound and inbound calls to clients where necessary
- Train/ mentor our underwriting assistants.
What will the right person look like?
The ideal candidate should:
- Have completed Tertiary education in either business studies or management
- Have completed or pursuing ANZIIF (preferred but not essential)
- 3 years + of underwriting work experience in medical/health and life insurance. LPI and Mortgage protection knowledge would be an advantage
- Be able to build rapport with our clients and maintain good working long-term relationships
- Be able to actively contribute to build and maintain a high-performance work culture
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel is an advantage.
To apply, please forward your CV and relevant certificates including contact details of three reliable referees by email to email@example.com or hand-deliver your application to our office on Level 2, Tisa Haus, along Sir John Guise Drive, Port Moresby.
Attention your application to Head of People & Culture, your CV must contain in detail, your current job scope and/or work experience.
Applications close Monday 26 July 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.